Please note there is a minimum of 3 participants required per departure date. Do not make travel arrangements until you have received confirmation from Rare Earth Adventures.
Every effort will be made to run the trip, however, if severe weather affects the safety of participants, a trip may be rescheduled.
The closest airport is the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. From there, the best way to get to Sedro-Woolley is by car, which takes about an hour and a half. You can park your vehicles at the Wilderness info center or at the grocery store parking lot. Please note that the trip begins early on day 1 of the trip, so you should plan to arrive in the area the day before.
Airport pick-ups are not included, but if you are interested, this may be an available option. Contact Rare Earth Adventures for more information.
Not at all, this trip is geared for beginner mountaineers looking to gain new skill sets.
You'll be staying in high quality, lightweight 3 or 4 season tents (MSR Hubba Hubba). Tents will be shared with one other person, but if you would like your own that is also an option, you'll just need to carry additional weight. There is no additional fee for a private tent.
Each group has a maximum of 10 participants, including guides.
All meals are included from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 4, but please bring your own snacks. Dehydrated meals as well as other trail appropriate lunches are provided.
Plan to bring extra money for snacks and meals not included, accommodations and travel arrangements before and after the trip, and for guide gratuities if desired.
The following is a suggested packing list:
- 2-3 pairs underwear
- Medium weight wool hiking socks x2 (one pair lightweight socks for summer trips)
- Base layer/long johns, top and bottoms, Synthetic or wool (needs to be tight fitting)
- Full-length hiking pants
- Short sleeve shirt
- Mid layer bottoms (optional, based on your cold tolerance)
- Mid layer puffy down, synthetic, or heavy fleece jacket
- Outer shell, top and bottoms, must be waterproof (ideally Gore-Tex)
- Thin liner gloves
- Waterproof gloves/ mitts
- Warm beanie
- Balaclava/bandana to cover face (optional)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Boots, waterproof. Mountaineering boots are not necessary; they should however have a sole without a lot of flex to accommodate a heavy load and snowshoes/crampons. Ankle support is also a must.
- Backpack, 60+ Liters
- Sleeping bag, 0 degree (down or synthetic fill)
- Inflatable insulated sleeping pad
- Headlamp + extra batteries
- Bowl, cup, and spork
- 2 Nalgene water bottles, 1 liter each, widemouth please
- Special snacks you may want
- Personal first aid kit (your guides will also have an extensive first aid kit)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Wet wipes (5-10 in ziplock bag)
- Contact lens items if needed and spare pair if possible
- Toilet paper roll in ziplock bag
- Feminine products
- Camera/cell phone
- Cash for gratuities (at your discretion)
- Travel pillow
- Deck of cards
- Map & compass
- Small lighter
- Small pocket knife
- Anything else that is lightweight and might bring you joy!
- REA may be able to supply: Backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, or headlamps, on a first come first served basis.
- Do not bring cotton- every item on this list should be synthetic or wool.
- Think about clothing weight; heavy ski and snowboard gear is not ideal. You'll be utilizing a layering system with lightweight clothing. When weight is mentioned it is in reference to warmth factor, not physical weight.
We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance for all trips. Travel insurance allows you to seek reimbursement if you are forced to cancel your trip for unforeseeable reasons, or if you need to cover medical help, emergency transport, and/or theft or accidental damage while traveling. We recommend World Nomads as a provider
Book confidently with Free Cancellations within 72 hours of booking. After 72 hours, cancellation fees will apply. Cancellations are subject to the full discretion of Rare Earth Adventures. For more information on our Travel Cancellation Policy please Click Here.